Hybrid cloud models are great in theory, but they also create new levels of complexity for today’s enterprises. We want the flexibility and scalability that public clouds offer us, while still having the ability to control costs, compliance and data security.
Many of our clients have chosen Microsoft Azure for their public cloud workloads, as it offers an ever-expanding set of services for building, managing, and deploying applications. However, not every workload is cut out for the public cloud due to a myriad of challenges related to both technology, regulations and costs.
But these organisations still want to access the same services from Azure through their on-premise hardware and private cloud.
Azure Stack creates these services in a software stack that spans the gap between on-premises datacentres and the Azure cloud. By sharing a standardised architecture, including the same portal, Azure and Azure Stack then offer a unified and consistent application model with common DevOps tools.
Unfortunately, we know that implementing and managing this cutting-edge hybrid environment is still beyond the skills and capabilities of many organisations.
Azure Stack-as-a-Service from Harbour IT combines the power of the public cloud, with the security and control only a private cloud can – all through a cost-effective and scalable offering from a known and trusted managed service provider. Azure Stack-as-a-Service is delivered through HPE ProLiant Hardware, which adds another layer of trust and reliability
If you’re unsure if Azure Stack-as-a-Service from Harbour IT is the right fit for your company, here are six of the common scenarios where we believe this type of hybrid offering makes perfect sense:
- Legacy infrastructure – Letting go of the past can be tough, especially when you’ve already invested in on-site capital. Azure Stack can be the first piece of the puzzle when you’re trying to move your business to the public cloud. With the ability to deploy and test workloads, Azure Stack offers a faster and cheaper way to find the right cloud mix.
- Cost control – While the public cloud offers cost-effective scalability most of the time, we still see businesses suffering from bill shock when they understand the costs of running every application in the cloud. Azure Stack enables you to continue using Azure’s public cloud where it makes sense financially, while keeping certain workloads in-house for greater financial transparency.
- Unlocking innovation – We know that constant innovation and continuous development are both essential for remaining relevant in today’s marketplaces. But untapping your innovative potential through the public cloud could expose your business to a variety of compliance and security risks. Azure Stack offers you the ability to develop new apps and services while maintaining best-practice data sovereignty.
- Adapting to changing regulations – Particularly for our clients in financial services, superannuation and insurance, we see new regulations for data privacy and security being introduced every year, including Australia’s Notifiable Data Breach laws, APRA’s new CPS234 standard, and the EU’s GDPR. Azure Stack offers an avenue for enjoying the cost-effective scalability of the cloud while keeping the right datasets and workloads secure in an on-premise environment.
- Rapid application development – It’s a DevOps world we live in now and speed is the name of the game when it comes to application development. Your development teams can’t be hampered in trying to move code to public clouds at a rapid rate, so Azure Stack offers the consistency required to effortlessly move new workloads to public cloud when the time is right.
- Building cloud skills and capability – As we mentioned above, many organisations lack the internal skills and capability for managing hybrid cloud models securely and cost-effectively. Through Harbour IT’s Azure Stack-as-a-Service, your team can safely and gradually develop greater comfort with deploying workloads across hybrid environments while learning the latest best practices and tools.
Contact Harbour IT today to find out we can help you remove the risk from your digital transformation and enable your IT environment to meet today’s business demands. Through a combination of world class hybrid cloud technology and unparalleled service from a known and trusted MSP, Azure Stack-as-a-Service from Harbour IT ensures rapid implementation of your very own secure private cloud, without costly capital investments and long lead times.
As the first integrator in Australia to be offering this solution, we proudly host Azure Stack as a Service on HPE Proliant Hardware – allowing your business to unlock cloud power, with private peace of mind.